By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Relationship with Belgium: The council will receive a workshop presentation from the Research Valley Partnership on the evolving economic development relationship with Belgium anchored by the Aggies Go to War exhibit.
- Police Ammunition Purchase: The council will consider two contracts totaling about $136,000 for ammunition to be used on-duty and in training exercises.
- Umpires Agreement: The council will consider a contract not to exceed $190,000 with the Brazos Valley Softball Umpires Association for officiating services for the city’s athletic leagues and tournaments.
- Electric System Right-of-Way Clearing: The council will consider awarding a three-year contract for $1.28 million for clearing overhead power lines and clearing easements and rights-of-way for the construction of new power lines.
- The Barracks II Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider rezoning several tracts near The Barracks II Subdivision to allow for the development of additional townhomes.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.