5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Bryan’s Neighborhood Protection Ordinances: The council will hear a workshop presentation about the City of Bryan’s Residential Conservation District and a recent ordinance amendment that defines and regulates stealth dorms as “Detached Shared Housing.”
- Televising Planning & Zoning Workshops: The council will have a workshop discussion about televising the Planning and Zoning Commission’s workshop meetings. The regular meetings are televised on the city’s cable channel and streamed online.
- CSU Land Acquisition: Among the items on the consent agenda is a $1.67 million contract for almost 13 acres of land needed for the expansion of the College Station Utilities Service Center.
- New City Hall Rendering: In the regular meeting, the council will review an architectural rendering of the exterior of the new city hall.
- Electric Advisory Board: The council will discuss the possible creation of an electric advisory or independent utility board for CSU.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channel 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!