In this episode of “Stuff You Don’t Usually See,” Engineering Program Specialist David Vaughn and Marketing Coordinator Grace Hallowell discuss flood preparedness and the best ways to protect your family and property. Continue reading Video: Vaughn discusses flood preparedness and the best ways to protect your family and property
By Jay Socol, Public Communications Director In terms of economic development, 2019 was a heckuva year for College Station. Economic … Continue reading All Up In Your 2020 (The FujiDunkinMacAndCheeseBuc-ee’s Episode)
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch. Continue reading 5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
Since the Texas open carry law becomes effective Friday, The City of College Station has put together this information to clarify how the law will apply in our community.
Continue reading Can you openly carry a handgun in College Station?
By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Rental Registration Update: The council will receive a workshop presentation about new software that allows online registration and renewal of rental properties.
- Impact Fees: The council will discuss the pros and cons of implementing impact fees for transportation and water/wastewater infrastructure.
- University Drive Safety Improvements: The council will consider a contract for creating a final detailed design of Phases 2-5 of the University Drive Pedestrian Safety Improvements Project.
- School Traffic Movements: The council will consider changes to traffic movements near three elementary schools as requested by the College Station Independent School District: a) No left turns from Welsh Avenue into the Rock Prairie Elementary driveway; b) No left turns from Brothers Boulevard into the Southwood Valley Elementary driveway; and c) No left turns from Eagle Avenue into the public alley north of Newport Lane during drop-off and pick-up times at Creek View Elementary.
- Arts council Board: The council will consider appointments to the Arts Council of Brazos Valley’s board of directors.