The College Station City Council will meet Thursday at city hall for its workshop (4 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. The workshop will break for executive session at 5 p.m. before returning to the agenda at 6 p.m.
Here are five items to watch:
- Medical District TIRZs: The council will conduct public hearings on designating eastern and western portions of the Medical District as Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones (TIRZs). The council will consider preliminary development and financing plans and establishing boards of directors for the zones.
- Medical District MMDs: The council will conduct public hearings on resolutions that would support future state legislation creating two Municipal Management Districts (MMDs) in the Medical District.
- Mobile Food Vendor Change: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider removing from the city’s Code of Ordinances a requirement that the bond a mobile food vendor applicant executes needs to extend two years after the permit expires and clarifies that the bond is payable to the City of College Station.
- Buena Vida Parking Removal: After a public hearing, the council will consider removing parking from the fire hydrant side of Keefer Loop and Cullen Trail in the Buena Vida subdivision to allow easier access for emergency vehicles.
- City Employee Recognition: As the start of the workshop, the council will recognize city employees who have 20, 25, 30 and 35 years of service. It will also salute 13 Employee of the Year finalists and announce the winner.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and can also be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.
- Complete agendas and supporting materials
- Blog: How a pair of management tools could help fulfill Medical District vision