Here are five items to watch when the College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings:
- State of Police Department Update: The council will hear Police Chief Jeff Capps’ annual report on the state of the Police Department, including a review of the city’s 2012 crime statistics.
- Dexter Street, University Drive Sidewalks: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider contracts for sidewalks on the west side of Dexter Street between Park Place and Winding Road, and the south side of University Drive between Texas Avenue and Fire Station No. 6. The Dexter Street sidewalk is the result of an Americans with Disabilities Act request.
- Criminal Justice Division Grant: The council will consider the application and acceptance of a grant from the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division for the purchase of equipment by the Police Department.
- Neighborhood Parking Recommendations: The council will consider recommendations from the Joint Neighborhood Parking Task Force to alleviate on-street parking issues that create potential problems for emergency responders.
- Church Avenue Realignment: The council will consider a city participation agreement for reconstructing Church Avenue in association with development in the Northgate area.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.