Here are five items to watch when the College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings:
- Kyle Field Redevelopment: The council will hear a workshop presentation from Texas A&M officials on the Kyle Field Redevelopment.
- Severe Weather Notification: The council will receive a workshop update on the city’s severe weather notification process and the 2013 hurricane season.
- Greenway Property Acquisition: The council will consider purchasing a 1.31-acre tract at 1500 University Oaks Blvd. for the Greenways Program as part of the city’s floodplain management. Half of the $100,000 purchase price is being donated by the seller.
- Plaza Area Easement Abandonments: The council will consider abandoning several easements to accommodate the Plaza redevelopment. The first phase of the project is on schedule for completion next year.
- Parks & Recreation User Fees: The council will consider approving changes to the Parks & Recreation Department’s user fee schedule. Most fees would hold steady.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.