Five things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
Here are five items to watch when the College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings:
- Kyle Field Redevelopment: The council will hear a workshop presentation from Texas A&M officials on the Kyle Field Redevelopment.
- Severe Weather Notification: The council will receive a workshop update on the city’s severe weather notification process and the 2013 hurricane season.
- Greenway Property Acquisition: The council will consider purchasing a 1.31-acre tract at 1500 University Oaks Blvd. for the Greenways Program as part of the city’s floodplain management. Half of the $100,000 purchase price is being donated by the seller.
- Plaza Area Easement Abandonments: The council will consider abandoning several easements to accommodate the Plaza redevelopment. The first phase of the project is on schedule for completion next year.
- Parks & Recreation User Fees: The council will consider approving changes to the Parks & Recreation Department’s user fee schedule. Most fees would hold steady.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.