Let’s begin with a multiple-choice test (this is only test):
- (a) Riding with all four wheels in the air
- (b) Space between two objects
- (c) Substance allowing you to stay alive
- (a) To skate in a long, curving arc
- (b) To use a sharp tool to create a design on a wooden surface
- (c) To divide into pieces by cutting
- (a) Back-side 540-degree turn usually performed on a ramp
- (b) McDonalds’ newest sandwich
- (c) An Irish dance
If you answered “a” to all of those questions, then you’re ready for the second annual Come & Sk8 It event from 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31 at G. Hysmith Skatepark. Registration is open through Aug. 30.
- It’s going to be bigger and better.
- The format’s been changed to fall in line with TAAF regulations. We have TAAF judges, and we’re preparing to host the TAAF Games of Texas in 2014 and 2015.
The competition features four divisions (13 & Under, 14-17, 18 & Up, Girls Only) and three events (Best Trick on Rail/Stairs, Best All-Around Run, Best in Bowl).
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 979.764.3486 or email@example.com.