Here are five items to watch when the College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings:
- Sidewalk Priorities: The council will receive a workshop presentation on priorities for new sidewalks to improve connectivity, accessibility and safety.
- General Election: As part of the consent agenda, the council will authorize a general election on Nov. 5 to elect a mayor and city councilmember (Place 2). The council will also consider an inter-local agreement with Brazos County to manage the election.
- Game Day Parking: The council will consider user fees for cars and recreation vehicles in the Tarrow Park parking lot during designated weekends. The daily fee would be $10 for a single car space and $30 for a self-contained RV camping space.
- Northgate Loading Zone: The council will consider creating a loading zone on University Drive east of College Main to meet the desires of area merchants.
- Public Hearing on FY14 Budget: The council will conduct a public hearing to receive citizen input on the city’s proposed FY14 budget. Final adoption of the $255.4 million budget is set for Sept. 12.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.