The College Station City Council will meet on Monday instead of Thursday since many council members and staff will be attending the annual Texas Municipal League conference in Austin later in the week. Here are five items to watch in Monday’s workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings:
- Fill the Boot Presentation: The College Station Fire Department and the College Station Professional Firefighters Association will present the Muscular Dystrophy Association with funds raised during the annual Fill the Boot campaign.
- 75th Anniversary: The council will receive a workshop update about events celebrating the city’s 75th anniversary.
- CVB and RVP Funding: The council will consider FY14 funding agreements with the Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau ($1.38 million from the Hotel Tax Fund) and the Research Valley Partnership ($350,000 from the General Fund).
- Arts Council Funding: The council will consider FY14 funding agreements with the Arts Council of Brazos Valley for operations and maintenance ($50,000 from the Hotel Tax Fund, $50,000 from the General Fund) and affiliate funding and marketing ($365,000 from the Hotel Tax Fund).
- Atmos Rate Increase: The council will consider approving a rate increase for Atmos Energy of about 74 cents per month for the average residential customer.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.