Five things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Game Day Housing: During the workshop, the council will discuss possible revisions to city regulations regarding the short-term rental of homes on Texas A&M football weekends.
- Funding for Solid Waste Disposal: The council will consider a $175,000 increase in fees it pays to BVSWMA for solid waste disposal due to more sludge being produced by the city’s wastewater plants, a rise in dead tree and brush removal, and the addition of solid waste removal services to recently annexed areas.
- Creek View Neighborhood Park Project: The council will consider a $383,424 contract with Vox Construction for the Creek View Neighborhood Park, which was approved by voters in the 2008 bond election. The site is located on Eagle Avenue between Victoria and Longmire.
- Funding Agreements: The council will consider funding agreements with Habitat for Humanity ($65,000), Keep Brazos Beautiful ($46,240) and the Noon Lions Club ($10,000). The Habitat agreement would allocate federal funds for the construction of two affordable homes, the Keep Brazos Beautiful agreement is paid through sanitation funds for community projects, and the Lions Club agreement is for the annual Fourth of July Celebration at the Bush Presidential Library.
- Comp Plan, UDO Reviews: The council will review the city’s Comprehensive Plan and Unified Development Ordinance.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.