Five things to watch at Monday’s city council meetings
- Mayor Pro Tem: The council will select one of its members as mayor pro tempore to act as mayor during the mayor’s disability or absence. Selection of a mayor pro tem occurs annually.
- Strategic Use of Hotel Tax Revenue: The council will hear a workshop presentation on strategic uses of the city’s hotel tax funds. College Station expects to collect about $4.5 million in hotel taxes in FY14.
- Park Naming: The council will consider a request to formally name two parks in the Castlegate subdivision as Phillips Park and Wallace Lake Park. A park in The Barracks subdivision will remain Barracks Park.
- Water Conservation: The council will receive an update on the city’s proactive water conservation program.
- Rezoning for Pappas, Inc.: The council will consider rezoning about 4.4 acres at the corner of University Drive and Glenhaven Drive to allow for the development of a restaurant by Pappas Restaurants.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.