College Station Utilities customers are urged to conserve electricity early Monday morning because of tight conditions in the ERCOT grid. CSU customers are asked to:
- Keep your thermostat as low as is comfortable, preferably no higher than 68 degrees.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid running large appliances such as washers, dryers and electric ovens during peak energy demand hours (6-9 a.m. and 4-8 p.m.).
- Close shades and blinds at night to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Businesses should minimize the use of electric lighting and electricity-consuming equipment as much as possible.
- Large consumers of electricity should consider shutting down or reducing non-essential production processes.
Thanks in advance for lowering your electricity demand!
Utilities Administration Manager | College Station Utilities