The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- “Play for All” Inclusive Playground: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the inclusive playground for children with special needs that’s been proposed for Beachy Central Park. Texas A&M landscape architecture students helped develop the concept plan last fall. For more details, click here.
- Radio Repeaters for CSFD: The council will discuss the installation of radio repeaters in certain fire response vehicles. The equipment enhances firefighter safety and improves the reliability of critical communications.
- School Zone Improvements: The council will consider awarding a $116,440 bid to Bayer Construction for improvements to school zones at A&M Consolidated High School. The project includes overhead flashing beacons and signs equipped with LEDs. Funds authorized in the 2008 bond election will be used for the improvements.
- Updated Drought Contingency Plan: The council will consider approving changes to the city’s Drought Contingency and Water Emergency Plan. Included are updated drought stage triggers that more accurately reflect stress caused by high demand or a water supply emergency.
- Aggies Go to War Funding: The council will consider approving $225,000 in hotel tax funding for the Aggies Go to War exhibit. The funding agreement would be with the Research Valley Partnership.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebookpage.