The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Game Day Study: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the Kyle Field Game Day Study, including recommendations to handle increased attendance, clear congestion faster, provide timely information to motorists, and increase awareness of dining, hotel and entertainment options.
- Wildfire Assessment: The council will receive a workshop update on the Texas A&M Forest Service’s assessment of area wildfire threats.
- Sign Ordinance Revisions: After a public hearing, the council will consider revising the city’s sign ordinance to allow larger fuel signs and address regulations for electronic reader boards.
- Budget Amendment: After a public hearing, the council will consider amending the FY14 budget by $224,489, which includes additional code enforcement resources.
- Bond Issuance: The council will consider issuing up to $40.5 million in Certificates of Obligation and up to $38 million in General Obligation Improvement and Refunding Bonds. The COs would fund street, electric, water, wastewater and information technology improvements, and the refunding would save money on existing bonds by taking advantage of lower interest rates.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.