Five things to watch at Monday’s city council meetings
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (est. 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Historic Marker: The Historic Preservation Committee will present a historic marker to Carla Fisher for her home at 1213 Winding Rd.
- Rock Prairie Road Widening : As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a contract for the design and other services for the Road Prairie Road West Widening Project, which will improve the capacity of the street and align additional lanes with the State Highway 6 overpass.
- E-cigarette Ordinance: The council will consider an ordinance prohibiting the sale of e-cigarettes to minors and the use of the devices where tobacco products are not permitted. If approved, the ordinance would become effective in 20 days.
- Agreement with StataCorp: The council will consider an economic development agreement with StataCorp that would include the abandonment of part of Technology Way, expedited permitting, waiver of the right-of-way abandonment application fee, and the dedication of about 30 acres of greenways to parkland.
- BVSWMA Board: The council will consider two appointments to the BVSWMA, Inc., Board of Directors. The terms of the city’s current representatives expire Sept. 30.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.