By Colin Killian, Communications/Marketing Specialist
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Proclamations: The mayor will present proclamations recognizing B-CS Habitat for Humanity Day and College Station Professional Firefighters’ Fill the Boot Day.
- University Drive Pedestrian Safety: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the University Drive Pedestrian Safety Phase II project, which will run from Tauber Street to South College Avenue. Phase I was completed in 2012.
- Affiliate Funding Agreements: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider affiliate funding agreements with the B-CS Chamber of Commerce, Arts Council of the Brazos Valley, College Station Noon Lions Club, B-CS Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Research Valley Partnership.
- Oil & Gas Permit: After a public hearing, the council will consider approving an oil and gas operations permit ─ with several conditions ─ to Halcon Operating Co. to drill a well on a 71-acre tract north of the Holleman Drive South-Cain Road intersection.
- First Street Parking Removal: After a public hearing, the council will consider the temporary removal of parking on the 300 block of First Street to allow for emergency vehicle access while a nearby development is under construction.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.