Five things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- CSFD Presentation to MDA: The College Station Fire Department and College Station Professional Firefighters Association will present proceeds from the recent Fill the Boot event to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- Recognition of Arts Council: The Arts Council of Brazos Valley will be recognized as a 2014-15 Friend of Texas Arts Education.
- Hazmat Vehicle: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider the purchase of a $650,000 hazardous materials response vehicle to allow consolidation of equipment onto one unit for hazmat response.
- Zoning Boundary Change: After a public hearing, the council will consider changing the zoning district boundaries for about 32 acres located at the southwest corner of the intersection of Harvey Mitchell Parkway and Holleman Drive to allow for multi-family development.
- Request to Delay Annexation: After a public hearing, the council will consider granting a request to delay the annexation of about 46 acres northwest of the intersection of Fitch Parkway and Tonkaway Lake Road.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.