By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Mayor Pro Tem: The council will elect a mayor pro tem to a one-year term to act as mayor when the mayor is absent or disabled.
- Neighborhood Integrity Advisory Group: The council will discuss recent neighborhood integrity efforts and the possible formation of a group to advise on neighborhood integrity issues.
- Lick Creek Property Sale: The council will consider the sale of about 63 acres of city-owned property next to Lick Creek Park. The $1.55 million in proceeds would go into the General Fund.
- New Playground Equipment: The council will consider approving a $99,403 contract for playground replacement at Bee Creek and Thomas Parks.
- Oil & Gas Regulations: The council will receive an update on the ongoing review of the city’s oil and gas regulations.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.