By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Open Data Initiative: The council will receive a workshop presentation about the city’s planned approach to make government data more accessible and useful.
- A&M Soccer Recognition: The council will recognize the 2014 Texas A&M soccer team for advancing to the NCAA College Cup for the first time.
- Traffic Signal Controllers: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider purchasing 80 replacement traffic signal controllers as part of the city’s Intelligent Traffic System master plan.
- Oil & Gas Ordinance: After a public hearing, the council will consider amendments to the city’s oil and gas ordinance, including a road maintenance agreement and associated fees, and a financial assurance agreement to cover bond and insurance requirements.
- Annexation Service Plan: The council will consider directing staff to prepare a service plan for the annexation of about 200 acres generally bordered by Wellborn Road, Royder Road and Greens Prairie Trail. The owner of about 70 of those acres petitioned the city for annexation last year.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.