By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Safety City: Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will give a workshop presentation on its proposal for a “Safety City,” a model town to provide safety education for children.
- Texas Avenue Sidewalk Improvements: The council will consider a $77,546 contract for sidewalk improvements on the west side of Texas Avenue between Hensel and Cooner streets.
- Presidential/Vice Presidential Debate: The council will consider a resolution supporting Texas A&M’s bid to play host to a presidential or vice presidential debate in 2016.
- Wellborn Area Commercial Signs: The council will consider allowing attached signs on existing commercial structures in the Wellborn area without the owner having to seek rezoning.
- MUD Development Agreement: The council will consider a development agreement associated with Brazos County Municipal Utility District No. 1. The agreement extends the city’s planning authority over the property, which is expected to be developed into a master-planned community.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.