By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report: The council will receive the city’s audit reports and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for FY14.
- Veterans Park and Athletic Complex Build-Out: The council will hear a presentation on the proposed build-out – phased or full – of Veterans Park and Athletic Complex. Funded with hotel tax revenues, the project would include four new synthetic turf fields, lighting, additional parking, restrooms, locker rooms and other amenities to help attract large-scale tournaments and events.
- All-Way Stop at Lincoln and Tarrow: The council will consider implementing an all-way stop at the Lincoln Avenue-Tarrow Street intersection to improve safety and mobility for motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Barron Road Drainage Improvements: The council will consider a $328,164 contract for roadway, sidewalk and drainage improvements on Barron Road between William D. Fitch Parkway and W.S. Phillips Parkway.
- Parking Removal on Kate Lane: The council will consider removing parking on one side of Kate Lane between Keefer Loop to Summerway Drive to allow access for emergency vehicles.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.