By Jennifer Nations, Water Resource Coordinator
Maintaining a high-quality supply of drinking water is a priority for the City of College Station and our Water Services Department.
It’s obviously important to you, too.
In 2011, I posted a blog titled, “Is Your Drinking Water Dangerous?” that described the contents of our annual drinking water quality report. I turned out to be the most popular post since the city started blogging in 2010, attracting almost 7,000 views.
The report contains detailed information about the source of your drinking water, contaminants detected, and the health effects of those contaminants.
Since 1999, we’ve mailed a copy of the report directly to our water customers as required by state law. Back then, the internet was in its infancy and smartphones, tablets and other high-tech communication gadgets still belonged on re-runs of Star Trek.
Twitter, Facebook and blogs such as this one didn’t exist, either.
2014 Report Now Available
I’m pleased to say that your drinking water remains superior, but the 2014 report has gone entirely digital. Thanks to a recent rule change, you can now find out about your water quality online, which trims our printing costs significantly.
This year – in place of the full report – we’re mailing our customers a simple postcard with a link where you can find the report online.
If you haven’t already received the postcard, look for it in the coming days. If you’d prefer a printed copy, I’ll be happy to send you one. Just contact me at 979-764-6223 or email@example.com.
Let us know what you think!
- 3 reasons to attend a lawn irrigation workshop (June 22, 2015)
- New website helps you water smarter(April 30, 2015)
- Are you staying within your water budget?(July 9, 2014)
- 1 trillion reasons why every drop counts(March 19, 2013)
- Keep calm and save the rain!(Feb. 14, 2013)
- Valuable tip by water chick opens resident’s eyes(Oct. 22, 2012)
- Are you smarter than your irrigation system?(July 10, 2012)
- To conserve or not to conserve?(July 6, 2011)
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!