Five things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Christmas in the Park: The council will have a workshop discussion on the city’s annual Christmas in the Park event, which returns to Beachy Central Park in December.
- Fiber Lease to Wirestar: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider an agreement with Wirestar for the lease of city-owned fiber optic cable. UPDATE: This item has been removed from the agenda because of incomplete documentation.
- Impact Fees Report: The council will consider accepting the semi-annual report on impact fees. The city has five impact fee areas in which associated utility construction is complete.
- Aquatics Outsourcing Proposals: The council will consider staff’s recommendation to reject all proposals received for outsourcing the management of the city’s aquatics services.
- The Lofts Conditional Use Permit: After a public hearing, the council will consider a conditional use permit to allow The Lofts at Wolf Pen Creek to convert its first-floor commercial space into residential units.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!