By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Keep Brazos Beautiful: In the workshop, the council will hear a report from Keep Brazos Beautiful about the non-profit organization’s activities. KBB is requesting $56,690 in FY16 from the city’s Sanitation Fund.
- Special Presentations: The council will recognize the Texas Army National Guard for its involvement and support of the 2015 Games of Texas, and proclaim Sept. 19 as Thank a Police Officer Day.
- Science Park Agreement: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a 10-year, performance-based economic development agreement with the College Station Science Park. The strategy is to create additional shovel-ready sites to take advantage of recent commercialization efforts by Texas A&M.
- Public Hearing on FY16 Tax Rate/Budget: The council will receive citizen input on the city’s proposed FY16 tax rate and budget. The proposed tax rate of 45.25 cents per $100 of assessed value is the same as the current rate. The proposed budget totals $304.12 million.
- BVSWMA and CVB Board Appointments: The council will appoint one person to the BVSWMA board and three to the Convention and Visitors Bureau board.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!