By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Ringer Library Expansion: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the proposed conceptual design of the voted-approved $8.4 million expansion of the Larry J. Ringer Library.
- Street Maintenance Audit: The council will discuss the city auditor’s street maintenance report, including recommendations to address the high turnover rate of skilled employees and how to best maintain construction standards.
- CSPD Re-Accreditation: During the regular meeting, the council will recognize the Police Department for the re-accreditation of its law enforcement and communications programs.
- Police-Related Consent Items: The consent agenda includes several items related to CSPD, including 65 new Tasers, an upgrade for the department’s existing bomb robot, and the replacement of five 2010 motorcycles. A federal grant will pay for the robot upgrade.
- Arts Council Building Agreement: The council will consider extending the use agreement with the Arts Council of Brazos Valley regarding the city-owned building at 2275 Dartmouth Dr. The agreement is for a one-year extension with an option for an additional year as the organization continues its plans for a new location.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!