2 huge reasons Starlight will be better than ever
By Kelli Nesbitt, Parks & Recreation Marketing Coordinator
Lovers of all types of music have ventured to Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater since 2002 to enjoy free, family-friendly entertainment in the Starlight Music Series.
We’ve welcomed original artists performing soulful blues, 80s rock, jazz, Texas country, traditional country, and even contemporary symphony. Big names such as Willie Nelson, Eddie Money and the Bellamy Brothers have taken center stage.
While Willie’s not coming back (yet, anyway), we offer you two compelling reasons why our 15th season may be our best yet:
1. Six concerts.
For the first time in years, the Starlight Music Series returns to a full schedule of six concerts from mid-April to early July. Here’s the lineup:
- April 16: Prophets & Outlaws with guest Austin Jones Band.
- May 7: Satisfaction (International Rolling Stones show) with guest Def Leggend (Def Leppard tribute).
- May 28: Two Tons of Steel with guests Colton O’Neill and Chubby Knuckle Choir.
- June 11: Memphis Train Revue with guests Gabrielle Ayers, G.R.A.C.E. and Dysfunkshun Junkshun.
- June 25: Shane Smith & the Saints with guests John Baumann and Katye Hamlin.
- July 2: VOTERS’ CHOICE.
Click here for more information and music samples from the artists.
2. Voters’ Choice Contest.
The final concert on July 2 will feature the winner of our Voters’ Choice Contest, which is open to bands or singer/songwriters 16 years or older. After a panel of community judges choose the 10 finalists, the public will vote from May 10-June 10.
The three artists with the most votes each will receive one hour of stage time. To enter, click here and submit an MP3 of your best song and a YouTube video of you or your band performing it by April 29.
More about Starlight
Gates open for each concert at 6 p.m. and the shows start at 7. Free parking is available at Post Oak Mall, with handicap parking located off Colgate Drive. Pets are not allowed.
- Guests may bring refreshments.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
- Coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller.
- Concessions are available for purchase.
- Blanket-only seating areas are designated.
- Chairs are welcome but not in blanket-only seating.
- Smoking is not allowed in the main seating area, but we provide three designated smoking areas.
Bring your blankets and lawn chairs, and we’ll see you at Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater for six nights of quality entertainment and fun under the stars!
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!