By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Annual Audit Reports: In the workshop, the council will review the city’s annual audit reports and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Fun for All Playground: The council will hear a workshop presentation about the Fun for All Playground, an all-abilities accessible area in Beachy Central Park. The project is funded primarily by private donations and civic groups. A $207,390 design contract is part of the regular meeting’s consent agenda.
- Ringer Library Expansion: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a $727,453 contract for the final design of the Ringer Library expansion and renovation. Voters approved the $8.4 million project in 2008.
- Lakeway-Pebble Creek Extension: The council will consider a $944,474 contract for engineering services related the $15.1 million Lakeway Drive-Pebble Creek Parkway Extension Project.
- Impact Fee Advisory Committees: The council will consider appointing advisory committees to study roadway, water and wastewater impact fees.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian has been with the City of College Station since 2010. He previously served 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!