5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
UPDATE (5/26/16, 4:30 p.m.) Due to hazardous weather conditions, Thursday’s meetings have been cancelled.
- Wastewater Capital Improvements: In the workshop, the council will discuss wastewater system capital projects the city needs to stay ahead of development. Our collection lines
and treatment plants are nearing capacity.
- Pavement Standards: The council will hear a presentation on pavement standards for our streets and roads.
- Public Urination Ordinance: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider an amendment to the Code of Ordinances to help deter public urination and defecation.
- Highway 6 Waterline Projects: The council will consider a contract for design, bidding and construction phase services for Phase I and II of the State Highway 6 Waterline Project. The lines will serve future development south of Fitch Parkway.
- Holleman Drive South Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to rezone about 14 acres south of Cain Road between Holleman Drive and Old Wellborn Road. The change will allow the development of townhomes.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online, where you can also find an archive of previous meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian)has been with the City of College Station since 2010. He previously served 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!