Is This A Thing? What’s coming to CS and what’s not (Episode 2)
By Jay Socol, Public Communications Director
In our second episode of “Is This A Thing?,” City of College Station Economic Development Director Natalie Ruiz shares the latest info on restaurants, retail and more that appear to be legitimate “things” for the city:
- 1:49 – UNIVERSITY DRIVE: OshKosh/Carter’s, Pappadeaux, Chimney Hill, Dunkin’ Donuts, Century Square, new high-rise and much more.
- 12:32 – TEXAS AVENUE: Windham TRYP and new retail/restaurants, Haverty’s.
- 14:30 – ROCK PRAIRIE ROAD: Planned retail + Smoothie King and four pad sites for casual dining.
- 16:27 – TOWER POINT: Carp’s Bar & Grill, Freddy’s, Bahama Buck’s, PetSmart, Gold’s Gym, Jimmy Changa’s.
- 17:13 – CAPROCK: Zaxby’s, Blue Baker, Mad Taco, Brazilian Steakhouse.
- 18:30 – New Academy vs. old Academy.
- 20:47 – Proliferation of walk-in emergency rooms.
- 23:14 – What Nat hopes to talk about next time.
Jay Socol (@jaysocol) is in his seventh year as College Station’s public communications director. A 1991 graduate of Texas A&M. Jay has also been communications director for the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, public information officer for the City of Bryan, and news director at several Bryan-College Station area radio stations. He’s a native of Breckenridge.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!