5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Affordable Housing Tax Credits: In the workshop, the council will discuss applications by developers for state low income housing tax credits. Affordable housing for low-to-moderate income residents has been identified as a high-priority need in College Station.
- Suburban Commercial Zoning: The council will also have a workshop discussion about possible changes to Suburban Commercial zoning districts.
- Arrington Road Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to rezone about 10.5 acres at the intersection of Arrington Road and Old Arrington Road. The change would allow the development of apartments.
- Crescent Pointe Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to change the land use designation and zoning for about six acres at the intersection of Crescent Pointe Parkway and Copperfield Parkway. The change would allow for the development of townhomes.
- RELLIS External Advisory Council: The council will consider possible nominations to the external advisory council for the Texas A&M University System’s new RELLIS campus.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian)has been with the City of College Station since 2010. He previously served 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!