By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- New Police Facility: In the workshop, the council will hear an update on the design of a new police facility on the southeast corner of the Dartmouth Street-Krenek Tap Road intersection.
- Commercial Preservation: The council will also have a workshop discussion about the city’s role in promoting the development of existing and potential commercial properties.
- Lick Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant: On the consent agenda is a $4.79 million contract for services associated with the expansion of the Lick Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Arrington Road Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to change the zoning designation from Rural to Multi-Family for about 12 acres south of the South Oaks Drive-Arrington Road intersection. The change would allow for development.
- Spring Creek Local Government Corporation: The council will consider approving the certificate of formation and bylaws of the Spring Creek Local Government Corporation, a non-profit government corporation created to promote economic development anchored by College Station’s next business park. The council will also consider initial board directors.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian)has been with the City of College Station since 2010. He previously served 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!