5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Audits, Annual Financial Report: In the workshop, the council will receive the annual audit reports and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report that summarizes the city’s financial position.
- Bee Creek Floodplain: The council will have a workshop discussion about management of the Bee Creek floodplain.
- World War I Remembrance: The council will proclaim April 6 as World War I Remembrance Day with a presentation to the Brazos County World War I Centennial Committee.
- Traffic Movements: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider changes to various traffic movements: Adding all-way stops at Eagle Avenue-Alexandria Avenue and Graham Road-Alexandria Avenue/Schaffer Road; removing parking along Luther Street between Harvey Mitchell Parkway and Marion Pugh Drive and along Gilchrist Drive near Williams Street; and prohibiting U-turns on Wellborn Road at the Harvey Mitchell Parkway interchange.
- Rezoning on SH 30: The council will consider rezoning about 16 ½ acres west of the State Highway 30-Linda Lane intersection to allow the construction of apartments.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 and 119 (HD), or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian)has been with the City of College Station since 2010. He previously served 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!