5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- CVB Update: In the workshop, the council will receive an update from the Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Capital Improvement Plan Update: The council will hear a workshop presentation about the city’s capital improvement plan.
- Strategic Plan Update: The council will have a workshop discussion about its 2017 City Council Strategic Plan.
- Sister Cities Music Week Presentation: The council will proclaim April 9-14 as Bryan-College Station and Greifswald, Germany, Sister Cities Music Week with a presentation to the B-CS Sister Cities Association and Greifswald’s Late Night Singers.
- Southern Plantation All-Way Stops: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider adding all-way stops at Southern Plantation’s intersections with Alexandria Drive and Decatur Drive. The stops would address safety concerns expressed by area residents.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 and 119 (HD), or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
About the Author
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!