By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Community Development Budget/Action Plan: In the workshop, the council will review the proposed FY18 Community Development Budget and Action Plan to be submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Three FM2818 Rezonings: In the regular meeting, the council will consider requests to change the zoning and land use designations for three properties along FM2818 near State Highway 6 to allow for development.
- Land Use Change North of TWS: The council will consider a request to change the land use designation for about 100 acres north of the Texas World Speedway to allow for commercial development.
- Rezoning on University Drive East: The council will consider a request to change the zoning designation for about 36 acres south of the FM158-University Drive East intersection to allow for infill commercial development.
- UDO Amendments: After a public hearing, the council will consider amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance regarding trees in single-family developments, screening of retaining walls, and visual treatment of drainage features.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 and 119 (HD), or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!