By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Construction Activity Hours: In the workshop, the council will discuss changes to the permissible hours of construction activities.
- Library Expansion: The council will hear workshop update on the final details regarding the expansion of the Larry J. Ringer Library. The project is ready to bid for construction with completion projected for early 2019.
- Southeast Community Park: The council will discuss details of the Southeast Community Park Project, including renderings, funding, projected use, and economic impact.
- FY18 City Budget: The final workshop item is a presentation on the city’s proposed FY18 budget. The council will review the document in detail during workshops scheduled Monday-Wednesday of next week.
- Chimney Hill Property: After a public hearing in the regular meeting, the council will consider a request to amend the concept plan for the 8-acre Chimney Hill property on University Drive. The change will allow for redevelopment of the property.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 and 119 (HD), or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!