By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (4:30 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings. Please note the change in start times.
Here are five items to watch:
- Canvassing Election Returns: In the workshop, the council will canvass the returns from the Nov. 7 election and declare the results.
- Oaths of Office: Newly elected council members John Nichols, Bob Brick, Linda Harvell will be sworn into office, followed by a short reception to welcome the newcomers and thank outgoing members Julie Schultz and Blanche Brick for their service.
- Suburban Commercial Zoning: The council will consider possible changes to Suburban Commercial Zoning districts to encourage development that’s compatible with nearby neighborhoods. Topics include architectural elements, permitted uses, buffer requirements, and lighting.
- Bicycle Parking Requirements: The final workshop presentation will be about the city’s bicycle parking requirements.
- Updates to Thoroughfare, BPG Plans: In the regular meeting, the council will consider amending the city’s Thoroughfare Plan and Bicycle, Pedestrian and Greenways Master Plan to reflect recent revisions to the Bryan/College Station Metropolitan Planning Organization’s 2050 Concept.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink channel 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!