By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Capital Improvement Projects: In the workshop, the council will discuss the status of the city’s Capital Improvement Plan, including projects recommended by the Citizen Advisory Committee.
- Public Hearing Notifications: The council will have a workshop discussion about community notification practices for rezoning and other cases that involve a public hearing.
- Non-Residential Landscaping Standards: Another workshop item is a review of recommendations regarding the city’s landscaping requirements, including streetscaping, buffer standards, and options to encourage water conservation.
- Southeast Park Design Contract: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a $1.22 million contract for design and construction phase services related to Southeast Community Park on the south side of Rock Prairie Road near the old landfill. The project includes the development of eight ballfields with associated infrastructure and amenities.
- Conditional Use Permit on Fitch: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request for a conditional use permit for a bar in an existing commercial building west of the intersection of William D. Fitch Parkway and Arrington Road.
At the start of the regular meeting, the council will recognize College Station High School’s state champion football team.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!