By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Renaming of Arts Council Building: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider renaming the Arts Council Building on Colgate Drive as the Bob and Wanda Meyer Senior Community Center.
- Fun for All Playground Agreement: Also on the consent agenda is an agreement with the Rotary Club and Noon Lions Club regarding the development and construction of the Fun for All Playground at Beachy Central Park.
- Lighting at Bachmann, Beachy Parks: Another consent item is a $1.08 million contract to upgrade the lighting systems at the Bachmann Park soccer fields and Beachy Central Park softball fields.
- Ringer Library Construction Contract: The consent agenda also includes a $6.07 million contract for the expansion of the Larry J. Ringer Library, which was approved by voters in 2008. The expansion includes a large program room and a larger children’s area, along with parking lot improvements.
- Annexation Public Hearing: In the regular meeting, the council will conduct the second public hearing on the proposed annexation of about 65 acres near Rock Prairie Road West, Holleman Drive South, and North Graham Road.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!