By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- RVP Incentives Compliance Report: The council will hear a workshop presentation by the Research Valley Partnership about project compliance in 2017.
- Controlled Burn Permits: The council will have a workshop discussion on the city’s policies regarding controlled burn permits.
- Gabbard Park Improvements: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a $128,736 contract for replacement of the fence, fishing pier, and walking bridge at Gabbard Park.
- Park Structures Contract: Another consent item is a $199,400 contract for architectural services regarding the renovation and rebuild of the Bee Creek concession building and Beachy Central Park’s pavilion and restroom.
- Bicycle, Pedestrian & Greenways Master Plan: After a public hearing, the council will consider accepting updates to the city’s Bicycle, Pedestrian and Greenways Master Plan, which was adopted as part of the Comprehensive Plan in 2010.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!