By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (4:30 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Community Development Action Plan: The council will review the proposed Community Development budget and Annual Action Plan. The federal grant amounts for Program Year 2018 include $1.1 million in Community Development Block Grant funds and $502,414 in HOME Investment Partnership Program funds.
- Neighborhood Integrity Issues: In two workshop items, the council will discuss the creation of a middle housing zoning district and changes to the neighborhood conservation overlay district section in the Unified Development Ordinance.
- Bike Share Regulations: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider regulations regarding Texas A&M’s dockless bike share program. The university introduced the program with 850 yellow bikes in March and will expand the fleet to at least 3,000 this fall.
- Holleman Drive South Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to change the zoning from Planned Development District to General Suburban for about five acres north of the Holleman Drive South-Deacon Drive West intersection.
- Harvey Mitchell Parkway Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to change the zoning from Light Industrial to General Suburban and Natural Areas Protected for about 2½ acres at 1726 Harvey Mitchell Parkway.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channels 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!