By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Dockless Bike Share Update: In the workshop, the council will hear an update on Texas A&M’s dockless bike share program.
- Role of BioCorridor Board: Another workshop item is a discussion of the powers and duties of the BioCorridor Board.
- Meyer Senior and Community Center: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a $589,787 contract for the renovation of the Bob and Wanda Meyer Senior and Community Center (the former Arts Council building) on the corner of Dartmouth and Colgate.
- Bachmann, Central Park Parking Lots: Also on the consent agenda is a $1.42 million contract for the rehabilitation of the parking lots and lighting at Bachmann and Beachy Central parks.
- Daiquiri Barn Permit: After a public hearing, the council will consider a conditional use permit for a Daiquiri Barn in the shopping center northwest of the Texas Avenue-Southwest Parkway intersection. The request includes a drive-up window, potential food sales, retail and alcohol sales, and limited interior seating.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channel 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!
You must log in to post a comment.