Richardson named city’s 2018 employee of the year
By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
Parks and Recreation Manager Stephan Richardson was named the City of College Station’s 2018 Employee of the Year during a ceremony before Thursday’s city council meeting. Richardson has been with the Parks & Recreation Department since 2008.
Richardson was among 12 candidates who were nominated by their peers. The nominations were reviewed and judged by a panel of employees representing a cross-section of the organization.
Employee of the Year Nominees
- Jared Cleere, Officer (Police)
- Shankar Dayal, Database Administrator (Information technology)
- Peter Garcia, Environmental Supervisor (Water Services)
- Venessa Garza, Bicycle, Pedestrian and Greenways Manager (Planning & Development)
- Carter Hall, Firefighter (Fire)
- Marshall Karkoska, Lead Line Locator/Inspector (Electric Utility)
- Lacey Lively (Public Communications)
- Lisa McCracken, Records Management Administrator (City Secretary’s Office)
- Stephan Richardson, Manager (Parks & Recreation)
- Tammie Warren, Compensation Analyst (Human Resources)
- Eric Watkins, Facilities Maintenance Technician (Public Works)
- Raney Whitwell, Code Enforcement Officer (Community Services)
The city also recognized its employees who have reached 20, 25, 30 and 35 years of service.
Employees who reached the milestones of 5, 10 and 15 years of service were recognized at departmental events.
- Darrin Allen, Firefighter (Fire)
- Damian Anderson, Patrol Officer (Police)
- Brad Ballard, Lieutenant (Fire)
- Diane Broadhurst, Asset Management Coordinator (Water Services)
- Dustin Jordan, Patrol Officer (Police)
- Kristina Keller, Accountant (Finance)
- Blaine Krauter, Sergeant (Police)
- Dale Lapham, Water Production Operation (Water Services)
- Matthew Marek, Project Planning Coordinator (Electric Utility)
- Scott Montgomery, Meter Technician (Electric Utility)
- Randall Ray, Crew Leader (Parks & Recreation)
- Katie Reiter, Sergeant (Police)
- Carla Robinson, City Attorney (City Attorney’s Office)
- Bradford Smith, Patrol Officer (Police)
- Joshua Varner, Captain (Fire)
- Jimmy Yow, Captain (Fire)
- Jeffrey Capps, Assistant City Manager (City Manager’s Office)
- Tommy Galvan, Fleet Equipment Technician (Public Works)
- Jerry King, Equipment Operator (Public Works)
- Robert Mumford, Battalion Chief (Fire)
- Andrew Murph, Sergeant (Police)
- Edwin Savage, Field Operations Manager (Water Services)
- Brian Smith, Plant Operations Manager (Water Services)
- Doug Wallace, Treatment Plant Superintendent (Water Services)
- Craig Anderson, Lieutenant (Police)
- Billy Bradshaw, Battalion Chief (Fire)
- Dan McNeill, Firefighter, (Fire)
- Greg Rodgers, Division Chief (Fire)
- Wally Urrutia, Division Manager (Public Works)
- Lee Robinson, Traffic Systems Division Manager (Public Works)
Congratulations to all and thank you for your service and dedication!
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!