5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Brazos Transit District: The Brazos Transit District will give a presentation about its future routes.
- General Parkway Extension: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a $350,000 contract with Palasota Contracting for the General Parkway Extension Project.
- Comp Plan and UDO Review: The council will discuss the annual reviews of the city’s Comprehensive Plan and Unified Development Ordinance and conduct a public hearing.
- Wellborn Road Land Use: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to change the land use designation from Wellborn Estate to Wellborn Commercial for about 7½ acres on the west side of Wellborn Road north of Barron Cut Off Road.
- Tower Point Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to change the zoning from Rural and General Commercial to General Commercial for about 2½ acres near the intersection of Arrington Road and State Highway 6 in the northern part of the Tower Point Subdivision.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channel 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!