By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Competitive Bidding Advertising: In the workshop, the council will discuss a city charter amendment that passed in the November election that allows the city to use its online bidding system to meet notice requirements for competitive bid and proposal solicitations and eliminates the need to publish newspaper notices. The council will vote on the ordinance as part of the consent agenda.
- Roundabout Policy: The council will hear a workshop presentation about a possible city policy favoring roundabouts over signals or stop signs at smaller intersections based on safety and efficiency.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion: Another workshop item is a status update on the expansion of the Lick Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- TxDOT Funding Agreements: The consent agenda includes a pair of advance funding agreements with the Texas Department of Transportation that covers work for the Barron-Capstone Realignment Project and the Royder Road Phase II Project that’s not covered under the mutual maintenance agreements.
- Heart of Southside Neighborhood Overlay: After a public hearing, the council will consider adding a Neighborhood Conservation Overlay zoning district for about 127 acres in the College Park, South Oakwood, Dulaney, and Woodson Village subdivisions. The area is located southeast of George Bush Drive between the lots on the west side of Fairview Avenue and those on the east side of Lee Avenue.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!