By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Turkey Creek and F&B Road: In the workshop, the council will The council will hear a presentation about the short-term maintenance activities on Turkey Creek and F&B Roads and the long-term approach of including them in the prioritization matrix as part of the city’s Capital Plan.
- Historic Business Marker: At the start of the regular meeting, the Historic Preservation Committee will present Historic Business Marker No. 12 to the New Victory Temple Church located at 1115 Detroit St.
- Spring Meadows Water Line: The consent agenda includes a $119,360.50 contract for a water line connection between the Woodland Hills Phase I subdivision and the Spring Meadows Phase II subdivision. By looping the adjacent neighborhoods, the city will decrease service disruptions during a water main break.
- Lick Creek Treatment Plant Expansion: Another consent agenda item is a $34 million contract to increase the capacity of the Lick Creek Treatment Plant from two million to five million gallons a day to meet state requirements. The project includes new process units, rehabilitation, and modifications to existing structures, and the demolition of some structures.
- Budget Amendment No. 1: After a public hearing, the council will consider amending the Fiscal Year 2018-19 budget by almost $14 million. For a complete description of amendment items, see pages 38-39 in the regular meeting packet.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!