By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Annual Audits and CAFR: In the workshop, the council will receiving the annual audit reports and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the FY18 fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30.
- Parkland Dedication Audit: Another workshop item is a review of the city internal auditor’s Parkland Dedication Report.
- Carter, Thomas Park Improvements: The consent agenda includes a $177,000 contract for sidewalk repairs at Richard Carter Park and new shelter roofs at Carter and Thomas Parks.
- Crow Memorial Parkway: A consent agenda resolution would support Rep. John Raney’s efforts to designate part of Texas Avenue between Villa Maria Road in Bryan and Krenek Tap Road in College Station as the Carolyn and John David Crow Memorial Parkway. Crow won the Heisman Trophy as the nation’s outstanding college football player in 1957.
- Boomtown Barbeque Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider amending the Planned Development District on a half-acre at 3125 Texas Avenue South near Deacon Drive to allow the development of a drive-thru Boomtown Barbeque restaurant. The property is located north of the existing Burger King.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!