By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Neighborhood Conservation Overlay: In the workshop, the council will consider recommendations related to the Neighborhood Conservation Overlay zoning district and its associated standards and processes.
- CS Business Park Land Sale: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a contract to sell about seven acres at the south end of the College Station Business Center to a light industrial user.
- Renaming Greens Prairie Road West: After a public hearing, the council will consider renaming Greens Prairie Road West to maximize efficiency for emergency responders. The action would change the name to Victoria Avenue between Wellborn Road and Victoria, to Woodlake Drive between Victoria and Woodlake, and to Greens Prairie Road between Highway 6 and the city limits. Greens Prairie Trail between Wellborn and the city limits would become Greens Prairie Road.
- Cain Closing at Rail Crossing: After a public hearing, the council will consider closing the Cain Road crossing of the Union Pacific Railroad with the opening of the new Deacon Drive crossing.
- Brazos County MUD No. 2: The council will consider four items related to the formation of Brazos County Municipal Utility District No. 2 in the city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction along Peach Creek between Wellborn Road and Highway 6.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!