By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (about 5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Annual Financial Report: In the workshop, the council will receive the city’s 2019 audit reports and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. The reports provide a summary of the city’s financial position as of Sept. 30.
- Creek Meadows Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to change the base zoning from Townhouse with attached single-family homes to General Suburban with detached single-family homes for about 15 acres at the southwest corner of Victoria Avenue and Creek Meadows Boulevard North. The proposed development would blend into the surrounding detached single-family residential phases.
- UDO Amendments: After public hearings, the council will consider amendments to the city’s Unified Development Ordinance regarding the Neighborhood Conservation Overlay and impervious cover.
- Construction Manager at Risk: The council will consider Amendment No. 1 to the construction manager at risk contract with Core Construction that accepts the guaranteed maximum price of $1,332,208 for site work for the new city hall.
- Francis Drive Rehabilitation: The council will consider a $2.63 million contract with Larry Young Paving for replacing the pavement on Francis Drive with concrete from Munson Avenue to Shady Lane (remaining from Phase 1) and Walton Drive to Munson (Phase 2). The project also will replace the sidewalk and includes water, wastewater, and drainage improvements.
Colin Killian has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as the associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!