By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council meets Thursday by teleconference for its workshop (about 5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
If you want to address the council about any item on the workshop or regular agenda, register with the city secretary before the meeting by calling 979-764-3500 or emailing CSO@cstx.gov before the meeting starts. Written comments submitted to CSO@cstx.gov will be provided to the council members.
Here are five items to watch:
- Short-Term Rentals: In the workshop, the council will review a draft ordinance that would regulate short-term housing rentals.
- Thomas Pool Demolition: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a $132,000 contract with Aggieland Construction for the demolition of the Thomas Park swimming pool.
- City Hall Construction: The council will consider Amendment No. 2 to the construction manager at risk contract with Core Construction that accepts the guaranteed maximum price of $25.8 million for construction of the new city hall.
- Disaster Declaration Extension: The council will consider consenting to the mayor’s renewal this week of the city’s COVID-19 Declaration of Disaster.
- Small Business Bridge Loan: The council will consider a funding agreement with the Brazos Valley Council of Governments to administer the city’s COVID-19 Small Business Bridge Loan Program. The program will provide working capital for small businesses while they await federal disaster loans.
Colin Killian has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as the associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!