By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Boswell Street Changes: The council will consider consent agenda items to make Boswell Street one-way all the time and to remove stopping standing and parking along Boswell and Langford Street near South Knoll Elementary School.
- Lick Creek Trunk Line: The council will consider a $1.38 million contract for the design and construction of a sewer trunk line to serve the Lick Creek sewer shed.
- Impact Fees Public Hearings: The council will consider setting Sept. 8 as the second public hearing date regarding the possible imposition of water, wastewater and roadway impact fees on new development.
- Special City Council Election: The council will consider authorizing a general election for Nov. 8 to elect a mayor and Place 2 city councilmember, and a special election to fill the remaining two years for Place 4 and one year for Place 3. Place 4 Councilman John Nichols and Place 3 Councilman Karl Mooney are running for mayor and must surrender their current seats in November.
- Budget Amendment: The council will consider a $628,873 budget amendment and interdepartmental contingency transfers of $378,266. For items included in the amendment, see pages 187-189 of the regular meeting packet.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian)has been with the City of College Station since 2010. He previously served 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also done extensive volunteer work for the U.S. Olympic Committee and worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!